don't give up yet

Kristan Slack kristan_slack at email.com
Sat Aug 19 04:17:19 CEST 2000

>   You may want to try to mount the DVD as iso9660 instead of udf, like
>a mere CD-Rom. You won't perhaps have access to the full device, but
>it'll give you an idea if it works.

On that same note..

I am trying to use VLC with BeOS.
I have it compiled (although it seems the make install part is buggy), and
can get it to view those sample streams you guys have provided.

But I can't view unencrypted ones..

Now.. if I were to copy the DVD files onto my large hard drive.. would it
then be possible to somehow use decss and then pipe the data through to vlc?

Is it possible to get decss working at all without the kernel UDF support??

thanks in advance (and I know this aren't strictly videolan questions - but I
can post those make install errors into an email if you'd like ;)

regards,

Kristan

--
ThumbBrowse - it browses thumbnails :)