rc-file syntax etc.

Dag B dagb at os.telia.no
Sun Aug 20 05:01:59 CEST 2000

[Note: I do understand that this project is pretty much a French
project. However, as the webpage is in English and I have found nothing
indicating that I am expected to write French on the mailinglist, I'll
stick to English.]

Hi.

I am fiddling with the latest (0.1.99g) Videolan client, and ran into a
couple of challenges.

1.
What is the syntax (format) for the vlcrc file?

2.
The mga output plugin is not being built, even if I do --enable-mga on
the ./configure command line. Manually editing the Makefile works,
though... :-)
Sorry for not providing a patch. For all I know, mga.so isn't built on
purpose, because....

3.
It appears to me that the --vout option has no effect on vlc. Anyone?
And what are the valid otions for <method name> in

Video parameters:
  vlc_vout=<method name>                display method

4.
Something is very wrong about how the pixel depth is being deduced. At
least on my desktop (16bpp) the client window has a normal size, but the
image is stretched to the double width, and I can only see a distorted
version of the left half.

Other than that, it was a breeze to compile and install. Thanks!

Dag B