[ANN] vlc 0.1.99h is out

Guillaume Laures guillaume.laures at noos.fr
Thu Aug 24 00:35:10 CEST 2000

Pierre Baillet wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> A new version of the VideoLAN Client(vlc) was released this night.
> The new version is 0.1.99h.

About the srpm building on ppc :
- please don't default to --enable-mmx in it, or check for i386-*
It built anyway, don't ask me how, and I grabbed :
vlc configuration
-----------------
vlc version           : 0.1.99h
system                : linux-gnu
architecture          : powerpc
plugins               : yuv dummy dsp fb gnome x11
vlc aliases           : fbvlc gvlc
So that means that even with --enable-mmx on ppc it wo'nt build with mmx
assembly code, fine.

- please move default ppc optimisation from  -mcpu=604e to -mcpu=603e (as
the G3 is very close in optimisation to the 603e, and the G4 to the G3)
Is there a way for configure to automatically find out which flavour ppc it
is ???

- gvlc nor fbvlc aliases are present in path (updatedb broken as of now, so
I can't see if they're present at all)

Some output on my G4:
[gom at pmg4 test-streams]$ vlc DDBroadway.vob --noaudio
VideoLAN Client - version 0.1.99h Onatopp - (c)1996-2000 VideoLAN

Playlist initialized
Plugin bank initialized
Plugin 0: X Window System 0.1.99h [0x200]
Plugin 1: Linux framebuffer 0.1.99h [0x100]
Plugin 2: Gnome 0.1.99h [0x200]
Plugin 3: C YUV to RGB transformations 0.1.99h [0x100]
Plugin 4: OSS /dev/dsp 0.1.99h [0x100]
Plugin 5: Dummy 0.1.99h [0x1]
VLANs initialized
Video display initialized (720x576, 24/32 bpp)
Disabling screen saver
Interface initialized
Playing file DDBroadway.vob
input: found a PTS, at last ...
Found MPEG video stream at 0xe0, allocating PID 0x20
Found MPEG private (AC3 audio) stream at 0x80, allocating PID 0x80
Input initialized
Enabling screen saver
Program terminated.

(without -noaudio ac3dedc will still report tons of
ac3dec error: invalid mantissa
Is it present/installed in vlc or is it my livid's broken one ?)

Image is still very distorded (is it the same on i386 ?).

Thanks for taking in account all my ppc remarks from the previous release,
and keep going !

--
GoM