[ANN] vlc 0.1.99h is out

Samuel Hocevar sam at via.ecp.fr
Thu Aug 24 00:53:36 CEST 2000

On Wed, Aug 23, 2000, Guillaume Laures wrote:

> - please don't default to --enable-mmx in it, or check for i386-*

   Yes, that's been fixed. The --enable-mmx still works, but is only
activated if architecture is x86.

> - please move default ppc optimisation from  -mcpu=604e to -mcpu=603e (as
> the G3 is very close in optimisation to the 603e, and the G4 to the G3)
> Is there a way for configure to automatically find out which flavour ppc it
> is ???

   No idea, but I guess yes. I'll have a look at it.

> - gvlc nor fbvlc aliases are present in path (updatedb broken as of now, so
> I can't see if they're present at all)

   They are put respectively in the vlc-gnome and vlc-fb packages. Did
you check that ?

> Playing file DDBroadway.vob
>
> (without -noaudio ac3dedc will still report tons of
> ac3dec error: invalid mantissa
> Is it present/installed in vlc or is it my livid's broken one ?)

   I think we have an early version of ac3dec, so I guess it has the
same recent endianness problem.

> Image is still very distorded (is it the same on i386 ?).

   If you're running DDBroadway.vob, then yes, the image is still
distorted, We have a bug in our motion compensation code that is being
worked on (I don't know how long it'll take, I'm not doing it). You'll
probably get less distortion on dolby_egypt.vob.

--
Sam.