Win32 Port ??

Gildas BAZIN gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sat Aug 26 13:54:04 CEST 2000

Hello guys,

I would like to congratulate you for your great work, even if the vlc
is not really usable yet because of performance reasons, it really looks
promising.

I was wondering if you were working on a win32 port of the vlc or if
someone had tried to compile it with the cygnus tools for win32. It's
not that I'm a really a great fan of windows, but a lot of networks
still have windows as workstations so it could be a good idea to make a
win32 version.

I would be glad to give some help to do the port even if I'm not an
experienced programmer and I don't have a good enough knowledge of
MPEG2. I think I would enjoy the challenge (or at least trying).

Gildas