[ANN] vlc 0.1.99h is out

Guillaume Laures guillaume.laures at noos.fr
Thu Aug 24 22:58:37 CEST 2000

Samuel Hocevar wrote:

>    Yes, that's been fixed. The --enable-mmx still works, but is only
> activated if architecture is x86.

OK, so it's in a good way to move from --enable-mmx to --enable-cpu-tweaking or
so, meaning mmx on i386, altivec on ppc, etc etc on K6, sparc...

> > - gvlc nor fbvlc aliases are present in path (updatedb broken as of now, so
> > I can't see if they're present at all)
>
>    They are put respectively in the vlc-gnome and vlc-fb packages. Did
> you check that ?

I get only  vlc-0.1.99h-1.ppc.rpm in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/ppc

> > Playing file DDBroadway.vob
> >
> > (without -noaudio ac3dedc will still report tons of
> > ac3dec error: invalid mantissa
> > Is it present/installed in vlc or is it my livid's broken one ?)
>
>    I think we have an early version of ac3dec, so I guess it has the
> same recent endianness problem.

0.6.1 from Aaron Holtzman will not build fine (trivial modification of the
makefile needed) but runs perfectly

> > Image is still very distorded (is it the same on i386 ?).
>
>    If you're running DDBroadway.vob, then yes, the image is still
> distorted, We have a bug in our motion compensation code that is being
> worked on (I don't know how long it'll take, I'm not doing it). You'll
> probably get less distortion on dolby_egypt.vob.

Less, but still needs some fixing. I fell like I lost a bit fps from 99g.
anyway...

--
GoM