Win32 Port ??

Pierre Baillet octplane at via.ecp.fr
Mon Aug 28 23:50:39 CEST 2000

On Sat, Aug 26, 2000, Mark Wormgoor wrote:
> Samuel Hocevar wrote:
>
> >    Well, you could already try to compile vlc as well as the dummy
> > plugin (which should work under any architecture).

[snip]

> In vlc0.1.99h there are plugins using for SDL for both YUV and video out.
> Only audio has not been done, but it should not be to difficult to add
> that.  SDL is available on Win32 as well as on Unix.

Unfortunately, the SDL plugin does not yet handle the YUV transformation
because the architecture of the vlc does not really fit into the SDL. As
soon as I'll have some time, i'll try and work on this. I don't think
the 'h' release does have something working about this.

Concerning the sound, that should be possible quite easily.

> Kind regards,

Yours,
Octplane.
--
Pierre Baillet
Pierre.Baillet at via.ecp.fr
University of Cambridge - Computer Lab
Ecole Centrale Paris    - Promo 2ooo
... it is easy to be blinded to the essential uselessness of them by the
sense of achievement you get from getting them to work at all.  In other
words... their fundamental design flaws are completely hidden by their
superficial design flaws.
	-- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, on the products
           of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.