Still Vlc !!

Gustavo Homem gach at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Thu Jul 20 03:40:26 CEST 2000

		Hi Sam:

Sorry to bother again :)
I hope you have received the snapshot you asked for yesterday. Now, I don't
know if you are aware that vlc only treats SIGINT when it is receiving data
from ,er ..say , cat (css-cat). When you just launch it from the shell or
when it has already finished playing SIGINT just produces a "sig 2 received"
message in stdout. I don't know wether or not it is supposed to be like that. I
am doing a very primitive interface for css-cat & vlc, to automate the process
of viewing a movie, so I am launching everything via some buttons, wich enables
me to change the track I am playing, stopping etc...what I ask is if when vlc is
"idle" saying "waiting for stream" there is any way to make the stream go to it,
well I don't know how to do this without having access to the file descriptor o
vlc's stdin and Can one do it from the shell? Plus, I don't know , as I said ,
if vlc is really waiting for stream or is just dead after playing. Sorry again
if I'm bothering...anyway, in this way I contribute to the FAQ, don't I? :)

			See you soon
			Gustavo

               2+2=5 for extremely large values of 2

       .-``'.  I.S.T - Instituto Superior Tecnico
     .`   .`~
 _.-'     '._  Licenciatura em Engenharia Fisica e Tecnologica

	       gach at rnl.ist.utl.pt
               http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~gach