[ANN] vlc 0.1.99e

Samuel Hocevar sam at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jul 20 22:02:18 CEST 2000

   Following the "release often, release early" tradition, version
0.1.99e of the VideoLAN Client (vlc) is out. It's mostly a 0.1.99d
with a few minor fixes.

   Sorry, the YUV rendering for 32 bits hasn't been fixed yet, but it's
the first version that works under BeOS so we decided to release it as
soon as possible. There's also still the same problem with plugins as
there was on 0.1.99d, thus we didn't do packages either.

   From the ChangeLog :

  * new bitstream syntax and slight performance increase
  * BeOS build fix

   You can download the new version via HTTP or FTP :

      http://www.videolan.org/download.html
      ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/0.1.99e/

   Mailing-list :

   People subscribed to `vlc' and who do not necessarily want to
read discussions about the vlc can subscribe to `videolan-announce'
instead. Reversely, people subscribed to `videolan-announce' may want to
subscribe to `vlc' to follow discussions about the client.

   The mailing-lists archives can be found here :

      http://www.via.ecp.fr/ml/videolan-announce/
      http://www.via.ecp.fr/ml/vlc/

For the VideoLAN team,
Sam.
--
Samuel Hocevar <sam at via.ecp.fr> - http://www.via.ecp.fr/~sam/
     Do not try and fight the Cabal. That's impossible.