Is this group alive?

mpierce mpierce at optusnet.com.au
Mon Nov 6 22:36:53 CET 2000

Nathan,
Thanks for reply
I upgraded gcc to gcc-2.96-54

I am doing the following:
	Configure
./configure --enable--ppro --enable-mmx --enable-ggi --enable-sdl --enable-x11
	(probably don't need ggi enabled
	Sys is i686, RH7.0, Kernel2.2.16-22, X4.01a, SDL1.1.6
	Helix-Gnome, KDE2)

vlc configuration
-----------------
vlc version           : 0.1.99i
system                : linux-gnu
architecture          : i686 mmx
plugins               : yuv yuvmmx dummy dsp ggi sdl x11
vlc aliases           :

	Make
/tmp/ccAydCbY.s: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccAydCbY.s:165: Error: suffix or operands invalid for `paddw'/
	etc
make: *** [src/video_decoder/vdec_motion_inner_mmx.o] Error 1

What do I need to do to follow your instructions (not a programmer,
intermediate LIN user)
Marvin
--

--