VLC for BeOS - HW Overlay with G200

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sat Apr 7 09:00:07 CEST 2001

On Sat, Apr 07, 2001, Henrik Petersson wrote:

> I have hardware overlay support for my G200 in BeOS and VLC _is_ using it.
> But the problem is that I get lot's of black noise on the right side
> of the windows and the only colours I get is purple, green and b/w. I
> can't make a screenshot of it, since it's hw overlay :)

   I have a G200 under BeOS as well, and I am experiencing the same
issues as you. The fancy colors are due to a video output limitation and
are going to be dealt with.

   You can try to reduce this effect by launching vlc with "--width foo
--height bar" where foo and bar are the exact dimensions of your video
file. For a DVD they are almost always 720x576 which happen to be the
default values.

   The black stripes, however, are either a driver problem or a G200
problem. I also get them under Linux, but not all the time. I really
don't know why they are appearing.

--
Sam.