First Impressions with vlc-0.2.70

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Tue Apr 10 13:46:21 CEST 2001

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001, Michael Flohr wrote:

>    I maximize the window! Very nice! Is there a fullscreen
>    option for xvideo output like there is for SDL?

   Not yet. XVideo support is a very recent contribution from one of our
users, and hasn't been polished yet. It is even reported to crash on a
few boxes.

> 3) Subtitles don't seem to work for me - I don't get any.
>    Anyone else with the same problem?

   They don't work in XVideo mode yet (true for SDL XVideo as well).

> 4) The DVD "Dark City" won't play at all.

   Can you be more precise ? Do you get any error messages ? Try to
launch vlc with the -vvvv option to see where it hangs.

--
Sam.