Some vlc questions

Rens Houben shadur at systemec.nl
Thu Apr 19 12:57:48 CEST 2001

On 18 Apr 2001 19:02:54 +0100, Keith Willoughby wrote:
> Geoff Eddy <geoff at morven.compulink.co.uk> writes:
>
> > - I can't get subtitles to display at all.
>
> Subitles only work (currently) in non-accelerated mode.
Even then, it occasionally has issues --  most commonly with my
collection of anime DVDs:

Gundam Wing series -- subtitles occasionally cut out halfway through
the episode;

Rurouni Kenshin OAV -- Subtitles are not detected or shown at all; (And the
dub of this one is HORRIBLE)

Cowbow Bebop series -- occasionally work, occasionally don't, even with the
same episode both times.

Oh -- and switching subtitles to "off" when they were on hangs the player
instantly.

--
Rens Houben
Resident linux guru and sysadmin