compiling on MacOSX

Eric Carlson carl0240 at tc.umn.edu
Thu Apr 19 20:02:32 CEST 2001

I think there might be an error in the makefile in 0.2.72 (I assume
that's what you're using). Try the CVS snapshot here:

http://www.videolan.org/packages/snapshots/vlc-
snapshot-20010419-00.tar.gz

I just tried building it and it builds without errors. vlc.app seems to
work fine playing an unencrypted vob file (but it's still pretty
touchy... I just tried again and it quit unexpectedly) but the command
line version gets a little ways into the vob file and fails with some
malloc errors.

Also, if you're having problems, try downloading and installing the
latest libSDL (http://www.libsdl.org/ ... not sure if this is still
required) and libdl.

If vlc.app is misbehaving, check your console log (open the Console
application) for errors since vlc.app puts messages there.

Oh, and don't worry about your questions being trivial... I just figured
most of this stuff out within the past week or two :-)

Eric