compiling on MacOSX

Michael Butler volrath at mac.com
Thu Apr 19 21:12:57 CEST 2001

I tried that exact snapshot.  When it tries to compile
src/misc/modules.c, it says all this:
In file included from src/misc/modules.c:63:
include/modules_core.h: In function `module_load':
include/modules_core.h:43: warning: implicit declaration of function
`dlopen'
include/modules_core.h:43: `RTLD_NOW' undeclared (first use in this
function)
include/modules_core.h:43: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
include/modules_core.h:43: for each function it appears in.)
include/modules_core.h:43: warning: assignment makes pointer from
integer without a cast
include/modules_core.h: In function `module_unload':
include/modules_core.h:62: warning: implicit declaration of function
`dlclose'
include/modules_core.h: In function `module_getsymbol':
include/modules_core.h:99: warning: implicit declaration of function
`dlsym'
include/modules_core.h:99: warning: assignment makes pointer from
integer without a cast
include/modules_core.h: In function `module_error':
include/modules_core.h:122: warning: implicit declaration of function
`dlerror'
include/modules_core.h:122: warning: return makes pointer from integer
without a cast
It doesn't say that it fails, but it fails to write the file, and then
when all the files are linked, it says this:
cc: src/misc/modules.o: No such file or directory
cc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
make: *** [vlc] Error 1
Worked perfectly, huh?  Not for me.

Michael Butler