compiling on MacOSX

DJ RawheaD rawhead at mac.com
Fri Apr 20 04:39:05 CEST 2001

Well, I went to the old versions archive and installed
0.2.71....strangely enough, everything worked fine.  I actually got
video and audio, except the two DVDs I tried out both got tons of 'PES
trashed - decoder fifo full !' in the console log and both a/v were
whacked up.

However, and I don't mean to be rude, what I really look forward to in
vlc is actually not DVD playback (that will, eventually, be supported by
Apple) but more so for the MPEG2 stream playback: and I was VERY happy
to see that although the graphics was choppy as hell, vlc.app actually
played an MPEG file off of an SVCD disc!  WOW.  I am totally excited now.

I really look forward to the development of the port, and believe me, if
I see a coder, I'll be telling him/her to contribute to this wonderful
project ;-)

Thanks for your help Eric!

RawheaD