compiling on MacOSX

Eric Carlson carl0240 at tc.umn.edu
Thu Apr 19 23:19:25 CEST 2001

Hmm... looks like you don't have libdl installed. Get it here:
http://fink.sourceforge.net/files/dlcompat-20010123.tar.gz

Uncompress it, make it, then do a 'make install' as root (or with sudo).
You'll probably have to do a 'make clean' and then run configure again
in your vlc source directory to set up the build again.

I don't think the configure script checks for things and fails if
they're not present, thus the confusion.

Supposedly, libdl should no longer be required due to some changes in
the way modules are handled (or that's what I thought one of the
developers said a few days ago...) but it looks like it still is.

I hope that helps...

Eric