compiling on MacOSX

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Thu Apr 19 23:53:02 CEST 2001

À (At) 14:31 -0700 19/04/01, Michael Butler écrivait (wrote) :

>I thought I already had that library installed, but I reinstalled it
>anyway, and now when I do the configure for vlc, it actually shows
>that when its checking for -rdynamic it says "yes."  I'm compiling
>it right now, and I'll let you know if it works or not.

The fact that vlc still links with -rdynamic, though the option is
not supported on the system, is a known bug, and will be fixed (one
day). However, it is a cosmetic bug (just a warning), and it doesn't
change anything.

PS : we desperately need help on the MacOS X port, so if you know how
to develop carbon and/or darwin applications, please drop us a line...

--
Christophe Massiot.