compiling on MacOSX

Eric Carlson carl0240 at tc.umn.edu
Thu Apr 19 23:51:59 CEST 2001

Hmm... mine's saying yes for -rdynamic too. I said what I said before
based on what I remembered... but I guess I was wrong. However, I think
configure might be wrong in saying cc supports -rdynamic. From
config.log:

configure:2767: checking if $CC accepts -rdynamic
configure:2776: cc -c -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -rdynamic -Wall -Werror
-I/usr/local/
include conftest.c 1>&5
cc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'

I think this would indicate that cc does NOT accept -rdynamic :-)

Regardless, since cc just disregards it as an unrecognized option and
doesn't die, this isn't really an issue.

Eric