Pentium 4 problem

Isamar Maia isamar at bitsnet.com.br
Fri Apr 20 15:50:56 CEST 2001

I ran VLC in my home PC machine, motherboard PC-CHips 754, Pentium III
450MHZ with CristalMedia 8738 soundboard (onboard). It worked very well in
esd and  dsp modes... the only problem was the sound that disappears when
I call another heavy application, like Staroffice. I am using kernel
2.2.17.

But the main problem is:

I got my hard-drive to my office with Pentium 4, Motherboard Intel D850GB,
1.3GHZ and the sound doesn't work. In this case, I am using CristalMedia
PCI (Combo) 8738; The same of above but it's not onboard.
The soundboard is working with wav files, everything seems to beok.
I am using Red Hat/Conectiva Distro with kernel 2.2.18

Well, I need some help to solve this.

Cordially,

Isamar