Problem compiling vlc-0.2.72

Giovanni Borri gborri at iname.com
Fri Apr 20 18:06:23 CEST 2001

hi to everyone,

I had a problem in trying to use vlc version 0.2.72.

I have a debian linux running kernel 2.2.18pre1. I compiled SDL version
1.2.0 and everything was ok, I install it. I compiled vlc in this manner:

1) ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-gnome --with-sdl
2)  make

and i tried to run vlc with command:  ./vlc, but now i gives to me this
error:

	VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.72 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

	intf: interface initialized
	vout error: can't initialize SDL (No available video device)
	vout error: video initialization failed, video is deactivated

can anyone help me
thank you in advance

Giovanni