Still problems with vlc 0.2.72

PhiloVivero pvspam-dntrepl at hacklab.net
Sat Apr 21 07:39:24 CEST 2001

Christophe Massiot wrote:

> I have the same problem with a VIA sound chip and I haven't solved it
> yet. It seems to be a driver problem, so try another kernel. I was
> told it could work with an ALSA driver.

You say you have a VIA chipset. Do you get sound at all, or just no sound with
VLC? I have the VIA chipset (on-board sound) and it took me a while, but now
I get good sound all the time, with some quirks:

1. When playing vlc, I *MUST* kill esd, or no sound.
2. When playing xmms, I *MUST* start esd, or very broken sound.

Kernel 2.4.2, ALSA, OSS (both, if I understand my setup).

--
PhiloVivero