A few problems with 0.2.73

Arnaud Gomes-do-Vale arnaud at carrosse.frmug.org
Mon Apr 30 17:52:11 CEST 2001

Hi,

I have had a hard time compiling vlc 0.2.73 on my system (mostly Red
Hat 7.1, XFree86 4.0.3 from a recent Conectiva snapshot). Some of the
problems I ran into:

- recent Red Hat releases use gcc 2.96, which cannot compile vlc
  (sound is OK, but no video). The RPM .spec file should use kgcc (aka
  egcs 1.1.2) instead.
- on my system, xdpyinfo reports XVideo is working, but I have no
  libXv.
- some qt packages put moc in ${QTDIR}/bin which is not in
  ${PATH}.

With these problems fixed, vlc compiles and runs OK. I guess most of
them should really be fixed in configure, but I don't know how to do
it.

--
Arnaud