how to play files over LAN

Henri Fallon henri at via.ecp.fr
Mon Apr 30 18:44:13 CEST 2001

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001, jeevo milkha singh wrote:
>  1) what command should I give on the vlms?

vlms -d client_address file1.vob file2.vob file3.vob ...

On the client side
< 0.2.73 vlc --input ts server.yourdomain

>  2) At what port does the vlc listen?

1234, the port the vlms sends its data to

>  3) The defalut port is mentioned as 1234. Isn't that a reserved port...?

I don't think so.

Be aware that if you want many clients to receive the same stream à the
same time, you should use a broadcast address, and the use vlc >= 0.2.73

--
henri