vlc-0.2.81 for BeOS?

Stephan Assmus gottgeac at linux.zrz.tu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 1 12:03:39 CEST 2001

>great all this !
>
>does anybody know if there is a BeOS version 0.2.81 coming?? ,
>
>as I still have a problem compiling since the new building methode
>with the makefile.opts (I might miss a lib or so.... ,function ld
>allways gives an error)

I downloaded the 0.2.81 source, opened a Terminal, typed "configure".
When configure was done, I read the instructions it printed. Thus I
typed "make libdvdcss", after this was done, I typed "make vlc". Both
files built without a glitch. I can run vlc and the about panel says
its version 0.2.81. :-) However, I cannot check, wether it actually
works, since my DVD drive is broken.

Regards,
-Stephan