vlc controls in blackbox?

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Mon Aug 6 22:33:18 CEST 2001

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001, Luke Boyett wrote:

> Basically, I'm having problems getting gui controls for vlc to work.
> I've made sure I have gtk installed and the vlc build finds and links in the
> libraries fine.  However, when I run vlc from the command line, no
> interface-

   Several things to check:

  - that the gtk.so plugin was compiled (into plugins/gtk.so)
  - that the gtk.so plugin is in a path where vlc looks for (either
   the plugins/ directory, or something like /usr/local/lib/videolan/vlc)
  - that vlc successfully opens the gtk.so plugin (run vlc with -vvv to
   get verbose error reports)

--
Sam.