installation issues

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Aug 6 23:15:06 CEST 2001

On Monday 06 August 2001 9:58 pm, Joshua M. Phillips wrote:

> YEAH!...now we're getting somewhere. --vout x11 works; --vout sdl doesn't
> work.  However, the output is really "choppy", almost as if the processor
> is max'ing out, but when the dvd is playing the cpu is at 70-90% idle.
> Are there any other options that I can use to fix this?

To be able to use the sdl plugin you need to be sure that SDL1.2 is installed
on your computer.

The x11 ouptut is not supposed to be a high performance output, so the
"choppiness" maybe normal. But if you want I can have a look at what's going
on, just send me the debug log you've got when running "vlc -vvvvv".

--
Gildas