[ANN] vlc 0.2.81

Jauder Ho jauderho at carumba.com
Fri Aug 10 18:18:04 CEST 2001

Took a quick look at how xine does this (I am using a dvdcss enabled
input_dvd.c for xine)

This is how they seem to do it. In openDrive(), they open both the regular
device and raw device. If the raw_fd is not usable, raw_fd is set to
dvd_fd and returned.

It then proceeds to openDVDFile where it tried to open the file using

UDFFindFile( this->dvd_fd, str, &size )

returning an offset to use with dvdcss.

I am not to familiar with dvdcss internals so maybe someone else that is
more familiar with the code can use this to code up a solution.

I have tried xine with and without raw devices and it definitely seems a
little smoother.

--Jauder