Voodoo 3 working better

Rich Birch ringo at dial.pipex.com
Mon Aug 20 23:07:57 CEST 2001

I posted a message about poor performance with my voodoo3 2000. Since then
i've (accidentally) got xvideo to work, and the picture runs a lot more
smoothly, nearly flawless compared to before, just with the odd jerk.

I guy replied to my post (i don't remember who) saying he had the same setup
as me and had enabled xvideo but it was no better , but i thought i had
xvideo setup correctly as it appeared when i ran 'xdpyinfo'. However, i was
trying to get kingpin to work when i came across the DRI website, and since
following their instructions to get dri setup, xvideo output now works.

So I'm quite happy now. Although perfection would always nice :-)

Rich