Voodoo 3 working better

David Gómez davidge at jazzfree.com
Tue Aug 21 13:50:42 CEST 2001

Hi,

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Rich Birch wrote:

> I guy replied to my post (i don't remember who) saying he had the same setup

I'm the guy ;)

> as me and had enabled xvideo but it was no better , but i thought i had
> xvideo setup correctly as it appeared when i ran 'xdpyinfo'. However, i was
> trying to get kingpin to work when i came across the DRI website, and since
> following their instructions to get dri setup, xvideo output now works.
>
> So I'm quite happy now. Although perfection would always nice :-)

I would like to know if you did some special in your xvideo config. I have
enabled xvideo, dri and vlc has good quality, but it's not smooth because
every half second or so i notice leaps in the video stream.

David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
 whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra