audio crackles

Rob Cavicchio rob.cavicchio at previo.com
Thu Aug 30 19:55:26 CEST 2001

When running the win32 build of VideoLAN Client 0.2.83 under Windows 98
Second Edition, the audio crackles, like it's got static running through it.
It sounds like an old tape.

I did notice that the video displays much more quickly and smoothly, whereas
previously I was having the issue where it was running very slowly
apparently because my video card does not support the YUV overlay.  I don't
know if this is because of a fix in the software or just because I'm looking
at a different VOB file.  Could the video speed be related to the audio
problem?  Perhaps now that it's running more quickly the audio can't keep up
properly or something.

I've attached the debug output below.

Rob Cavicchio
Previo, Inc.