0.2.83

penguins penguins at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 31 21:59:10 CEST 2001

In regards to the rpm's you have posted for this version I had the
following issues.  On the redhat 7.x build, vlc will launch and when you
go to play a dvd will immediately segfault.  I tried the 6.x build and
vlc runs uses around 45 percent of the CPU.  I do get the full framerate
but the audio 'clicks' occasionally when I am not doing other things.  I
tried esd.so (as I am running esd) and piping the program through
esddsp.  My system specs are..
Redhat 7.1 stock
Pentium 3 500mhz
320 megs of memory
neomagic 256av 4 meg card running under x 4.0.2

Hopefully I have supplied enough info, but I doubt it.  Any assistance
you can provide is much appreciated.  The software is awesome and
I definately appreciate all the work that went into it.  Also are there
any plans for using the dvd menus?  Thanks
Steve