esd sound on FreeBSD

tempest at ecst.csuchico.edu tempest at ecst.csuchico.edu
Wed Aug 1 20:14:00 CEST 2001

Hi,

I have just compiled 0.2.81 under FreeBSD 4.3 stable and have run
into a problem whenever I try to play a DVD using esd sound. I
am trying to play "What Dreams May Come" and it gets a segmentation
violation in under 20 seconds. I have verified that it only happens
when I specify -A esd. Sometimes, if I play an MP3 prior to playing
the DVD, it works; but sometimes, it doesn't.

My hardware is an Asus A7V, Radeon AGP, Ensoniq 1370. Running FreeBSD
4.3-STABLE, XFree86 4.1.0.

GNU gdb 4.18
This GDB was configured as "i386-unknown-freebsd"...
Core was generated by `vlc'.

#0  0x80a6a2d in .loop1 () at ac3_downmix_3dn.c:287
287         __asm__ __volatile__ (
(gdb) info args
s16_samples = (s16 *) 0x87b5c00
left = (float *) 0x8206010