SDL

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at wxs.nl
Mon Dec 3 21:58:16 CET 2001

Doug Wolfgram wrote:

> Thanks Jean-Paul. In fact, I did this and it works fine now. My problem
> is very poor video performance. I am trying to learn enough about Linux
> to figure out exactly what accelerators, if any, my system is using. I
> am also doing this on my notebook and I don't like to compile code on
> the notebook as it requires the installation of too many libraries in my
> limited space. Is there a video diagnostic anywhere?
>
> Doug

I do not know video diagnostic hard or software, but you could check a
few other things.

For instance:
- Is DMA turned on for your device, check with /sbin/hdparm /dev/dvd. If
not turn it on. Check also the manpage for this tool "man hdparm".
- Do you use vlc -V sdl ..? To force sdl output.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman