Mac OS X

neil epstein neps at mac.com
Fri Dec 7 13:43:19 CET 2001

On Friday, December 7, 2001, at 02:20 AM, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> Since vlc is a Cocoa application, you need to start it with
> ./vlc.app/Contents/MacOS/vlc
>
> if you start the executable outside of the vlc.app directory, it won't
> find
> it's NIB file, and all the other stuff in vlc.app.
> For some strange reason, it will still start, but hang there without
> menubar
> or windows (since they are loaded from the NIB file).

I've always executed the vlc app from inside the contents/macos/
directory. The program launches, bounces and all. It has worked in
earlier builds. Is this wrong?

so what is right?

./vlc.app/contents/macos/vlc dvd:/dev/rdisk1

or from inside the vlc.app/contents/macos/ directory

./vlc dvd:/dev/rdisk1

because the later is what I have been doing and it has hung every time.

Neil