0.2.91 Bugs I Noticed

PhiloVivero phiviv at hacklab.net
Sat Dec 8 13:30:36 CET 2001

PhiloVivero wrote:

> 3. When playing my L.A. Story title, interestingly, the sound seems to track
> very well to the video. It only gets off when the video skips. However, on
> this one, the sound is very tinny as though it's going through a bad
> resampling algorithm.

Ditto for The Pillow Book by Peter Greenaway. Sound seems to track right, but
sounds... interesting.

> 5.1 After I play a short (30-40 second) MPEG stream, my screen will blank for
> 3 or 4 seconds after playback, then come back with just the VLC control panel
> (GTK) at the bottom. This might give clue to bug #5, because the Matrix,
> I believe, is coded as about 4 different streams.

After watching a large portion of The Pillow Book, the screen was doing the same
thing, except it really was some screensaver (not the GNOME one,
apparently) because if I didn't press any key or move the mouse, the screen
would stay blank.

However, after pressingKey/movingMouse, it will take about 1 second for the
screen to come back.

I finally brought up GNOME control panel and reselected screensaver options, and
things worked fine again.

I don't understand how my system got back to normal after playing the Matrix
title since it didn't go back to normal after playing The Pillow Book.

> My system:
>
>  - AMD Athlon 800
>  - 384MB RAM
>  - Creative 6x PCDVD