Videolan for Windows does not work

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Thu Dec 13 08:30:19 CET 2001

On Wednesday 12 December 2001 19:44, Zhixiang Hu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for offering your free DVD player. After I downloaded Videolan (for
> Windows) on to my Notebook, I realized that it did not work on my computer
> running Wondows 98. There was sound, but no picture. Do you have any idea
> what went wrong?

It sounds like a problem with the directx plugin. Could you run vlc from a
dos command box using this command: "vlc -vvvvv --stdout debug.txt"
If this command is still working it should output some debug info into
debug.txt.
Then you can send the content of this file to this mail-list so we can have a
look at what's going on.

--
Gildas