Newbie Question: Problems on Mac OS X

Andreas Gschwendtner a.gschwendtner at gmx.de
Fri Dec 14 17:24:29 CET 2001

I just downloaded OSEx 0.0100b (is this the latest version?), but I
didn't see an option to extract a whole DVD, just single VOBs. How did
you extract a whole DVD (including menu-structure, .ifo-files, etc.)?
Are we talking about the same thing? (I downloaded from
www.macdvd.org/lukifer). Anyway - extracting single VOBs is what I want
to do, after all...

So I decided to give the program a try and extracted a single .vob-file.
Same problem: vlc crashes every time I try to play it. On my Windows PC
the ***same*** File I extracted using OSEx plays just fine! So this
problem must _really_ be within vlc and does _not_ depend on ripping. I
tried several tools for ripping DVDs on my Windows PC and I can play all
of my extracted VOBs on that machine using Intervideo's WinDVD. Is there
any other program for the Mac (OS 9 or OS X) that alows you to play
.vob-files?

Does _nobody_ but me have problems with a crashing vlc app in Mac Os
X??? I can't believe that, as my installation is tidy and not very
messed up... If nothing else helps I will try to reinstall the OS and
see if the problem persists. BTW: I use a Powerbook G4-500 - so it's no
exotic hardware either...

I'm wondering if we can sort this out, thanks for your help.

Andreas G