Mandrake 8.1 and vlc-0.2.83-1mdk.i586.rpm

Jonas Jacobsson jonas at cytech.nu
Sun Dec 16 01:46:57 CET 2001

Hi,

I have the following packages installed:

vlc-0.2.83-1mdk.i586.rpm
libdvdcss1-1.0.0-1mdk.i586.rpm
vlc-gtk-0.2.83-1mdk.i586.rpm
(after someone told me that the qt-gui is bad)

My hardware is:

HP Omnibook 4150
with DVD-module F1653B (Toshiba SD-C2302)
ATI 3D Rage P/M Mobility AGP 2x

When I start the program the gui is shown. When I select 'Disc',
choose DVD and klick ok and play, nothing happens.

If I start vlc with '-vvv' it tells me:

During startup
---------------
module: hiding unused plugin module 'xvideo'
module: hiding unused plugin module 'sdl'
module: hiding unused plugin module 'x11'
module: hiding unused plugin module 'esd'
module: hiding unused plugin module 'dsp'
module: hiding unused plugin module 'fb'

When I try to play a DVD
intf: added 'dvd:/dev/dvd' to playlist
input: playlist item 'dvd:/dev/dvd'
module: locking module 'dummy'
module: unlocking module 'dummy'

Anyone have any input on how to solve this?

/jonas