Conflicting libraries

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Fri Dec 28 22:43:54 CET 2001

Hi -

> From: Matija Grabnar <matija.grabnar at arnes.si>
>
> >         I am seeing the same problem I think.  Is vlc coredumping in
> >         DVDRead for you too?
> I think so, but even with -v -v -v -v I don't see what is the name
> of the routine that crashes, and I don't see a core file.
> For what it's worth, I get a "GTK application has crashed"
> dialogue as sonn as it writes out "intf: added dvd:/dev/dvd to playlist".

	That looks like a different problem than the one I had (there is
	a NULL pointer dereference in DVDRead).  I did not see a "GTK"
	error.   In my case just after reading the first few blocks of data
	from the DVD the program would fault in DVDRead().   Checking for
	a NULL at one spot fixed the problem but I am not 100% sure the
	fix is the right one (it might just be hiding another problem).

	Good Luck!

	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com