debian compile and runtime errors

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Wed Feb 14 20:10:36 CET 2001

I'm running a debian woody system, 2.4 kernel, nvidia graphics card,
XFree 4.0.1

the main vlc branch compiles perfectly, however SDL doesn't work
that well.

lots of errors, starting with
plugins/sdl/vout_sdl.c:75: parse error before `SDL_Overlay'
plugins/sdl/vout_sdl.c:75: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or
union

there doesn't seem to be any actual error at that location, i.e.
nothing obvious such as a missing semicolon. the SDL and other include
files also seem to be ok at first glance.

in addition, there are several undeclared's:

SDL_VIDEORESIZE, SDL_BUTTON_MIDDLE, SDL_BUTTON_RIGHT, SDL_RESIZABLE and
several others. none of these are anywhere in the /usr/include/SDL/*.h
files.
this may all be a version mismatch for SDL. woody has libsdl1.0
(1.0.1-4)

at runtime I don't have any picture or sound, not even a window popping
up, though this just may be caused by the missing SDL plugin. is there
a list of valid interface and vout methods?
it seems to be doing a lot, though. vmstat shows blocks-in at around
800 per second, and cpu idle time drops to near zero.

--
-- http://www.lemuria.org
-- http://www.Nexus-Project.net