debian compile and runtime errors

Stéphane Borel stef at via.ecp.fr
Wed Feb 14 23:29:44 CET 2001

> oh. you're not reading the .ifo files?

Ifo support is only partial at the time ; the interesting features are
coming.

> > The first thing, is to know on which vts the movie is (vts 2 for
> > matrix). If this is not vts 1, it won't work before next release.
>
>almost surely not. I have one DVD that immediatly starts the movie,
>which I assume means it starts at vts 1.

Yes, surely.

> I found one DVD that seems to be unencrypted (face/off, zone 1), at
> least it allows me to read the vob files with "less". :)
>
> if I mount the drive and then run vlc on a vob file:
>
> ./vlc --warning --input /cdrom/video_ts/vts_01_0.vob

In general, the vob 0 in each vts contains menus or stuff like that ;
and the vlc is not well adpated yet to those vob.

> ./vlc --warning --input /dev/dvd

The warning level is mandatory on the commandline, try:

	./vlc --warning 1 --input /dev/dvd

That one works here whereas the other does not.

--
Stef