sound problems

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Fri Feb 16 19:37:14 CET 2001

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001, Tom wrote:

> however, the 0.2.61 gnome module doesn't compile correctly anymore. it
> seems to be looking for libdb, which I don't have. I can offer libdb1
> and libdb2, however. maybe the configure needs to be updated?

   The gnome module looks for '-ldb' by calling 'gnome-config --libs
gnomeui'. In any case, you should have /usr/lib/libdb.so which is a
symlink to either /usr/lib/libdb.so.2 or /usr/lib/libdb.so.3, depending
on the installed version.

> also, how do I get an interface? both x11 and ncurses should work (I
> compiled them), but no --intf option seems to do anything.

   Only the Gnome interface is functional. X11 isn't an interface but
only a video output method, and ncurses isn't functional yet (it is
almost as useful as the dummy interface, which does, well, nothing).

--
Sam.