Can't get SDL plugin working

blah blah at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 18 05:35:44 CET 2001

I am running vlIc on redhat 7.0 (with all updates from
redhat and using kgcc to compile because it wouldn't
compile with regular gcc) and libSDL 1.1 (I think thats the
version - It is the latest stable release from the libSDL
website) and I am running X 4.0.1 and I am not able to get
vlc to use the SDL plugin.  From what I have read this
plugin helps performaces a lot, but it doesn't seem to be
doing anything.  I did a ./configure with --enable-sdl and
then after starting up I hit the y key (if I remeber
correct that is what the howto said to do)

Am I doing something wrong?  Also I'm not getting any
audio.  I started it by
running ./gvlc /mnt/dvd/video_ts/*.vob