Can't get SDL plugin working

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sun Feb 18 05:59:01 CET 2001

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001, blah wrote:

> From what I have read this plugin helps performaces a lot, but
> it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I did a ./configure with
> --enable-sdl

   This option is now called --with-sdl.

   Does the window say "SDL output" or "X11 output" ? If it says X11,
then you already have a problem.

> and then after starting up I hit the y key (if I remeber correct that
> is what the howto said to do)

   Does the console output say anything ? Like "YUV acceleration
activated" ? If it says "unavailable", it means that sadly XVideo does
not support the hardware acceleration of your video card.

> Am I doing something wrong? Also I'm not getting any audio. I started
> it by running ./gvlc /mnt/dvd/video_ts/*.vob

   Try "./gvlc dvd:/dev/dvd" (or whatever your DVD device is), it should
work a lot better.

--
Sam.