Can't get SDL plugin working

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sun Feb 18 06:20:35 CET 2001

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001, blah wrote:
> After running configure it does list sdl as one of the
> options but I will try this with the --with-sdl switch
> now.

   Check that the window says "SDL output".

> When I hit y it doesn't print anything.  What release
> of vlc should I be using here?

   0.2.61 is definitely recommended. If you grok CVS, the current CVS
version is even better.

> I have tried ./gvlc dvd:/dev/dvd and it wouldn't give me any video at
> all.

   Maybe it takes a little time to find the movie start. Or it can't
access the DVD at all -- check that you have write permissions
to /dev/dvd, that /dev/dvd is a symlink to your DVD device (try
dvd:/dev/hdc or dvd:/dev/scd0 or whatever your device is). If not sure
you have write access, you may try it as root (but I wouldn't advise
doing this if you can bypass it).

--
Sam.