Can't get SDL plugin working

blah blah at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 18 06:03:51 CET 2001

After running configure it does list sdl as one of the
options but I will try this with the --with-sdl switch
now.  When I hit y it doesn't print anything.  What release
of vlc should I be using here?   I have tried ./gvlc
dvd:/dev/dvd and it wouldn't give me any video at all.

> On Sun, Feb 18, 2001, blah wrote:
>
> > From what I have read this plugin helps performaces a
lot, but
> > it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I did
a ./configure with
> > --enable-sdl
>
>    This option is now called --with-sdl.
>
>    Does the window say "SDL output" or "X11 output" ? If
it says X11,
> then you already have a problem.
>
> > and then after starting up I hit the y key (if I
remeber correct that
> > is what the howto said to
do)

>    Does the console output say anything ? Like "YUV
acceleration
> activated" ? If it says "unavailable", it means that
sadly XVideo does
> not support the hardware acceleration of your video card.
>
> > Am I doing something wrong? Also I'm not getting any
audio. I started