Can't get SDL plugin working

blah blah at myrealbox.com
Sun Feb 18 09:10:46 CET 2001

So it looks like I won't be able to get SDL working with my
card.  Is there any other way to get decent performance out
of vlc or do I just have to wait until a future release of
X has better support for my card?
I tried an fuser on /dev/dsp and it is not in use.  Any
other program that needs to use audio has no problem.
(xmms for instance)

Micah

> On Sun, Feb 18, 2001, blah wrote:
>
> > Well I can't seem to find any information on what cards
SDL
> > supports.  Any ideas why it won't do the YUV stuff
>
>    The thing you are looking for is called "XVideo"
or "Overlay", and is
> actually a matter of X server. If X's XVideo extension
doesn't support
> your card, then SDL won't.
>
> > and I don't get audio?
>
>    Use the '--warn 0' option to have more information on
what is
> happening. Maybe another program is using /dev/dsp
(try "fuser /dev/dsp"