A few questions

Vidar Madsen vidar at vidar.prosalg.no
Mon Feb 19 12:09:50 CET 2001

Hi guys. A big hand to the developers, VideoLAN is really getting
somewhere! *clap-clap-clap* :)

A few questions, though; (Pardon me for not studying the code more
thoroughly.)

I've noticed that the default window seems to scale the movie up or down
somewhat, as some scanlines are noticably repeated. Not that it matters
too much, but is there a way to force vlc to use a 1:1 window? (I guess
SDL output + toggle scaling should do the trick, but it often segfaults
when I resize the window.)

I get the occational SIGSEGV, and I'd like to help out. I'm no newbie to
programming, so it's almost embarrasing to ask, but how do you guys go
about debugging this thing? Is there a "secret" option to compile or run
without threads? ;) (GDB halts on "unknown signal", and strace seems to
make the whole thing freeze.)

Has there been any work done on a "real" DVD-player interface (with menus
for scene selections, special features, all that stuff)?

Oh, and to whom it may concern; The anoncvs seems to have gone AWOL;
"Connection refused".

Yours,
Vidar Madsen