[ANN] vlc 0.2.62

blah blah at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 22 04:40:16 CET 2001

I just compiled 2.62 and I am getting a floating point
exception when I start playing a DVD.  With 2.61 it
segfaulted at the same place.  I tried using gdb and it
says it can't acess memory at some very odd address.  What
can I do to help get this fixed?  I know you'll need more
information but I don't know what to send.  I really hope
to get this going soon.  Thanks all.

Micah

>    We are proud to announce version 0.2.62 of the
VideoLAN Client. It
> is mostly a bugfix release for the Unix version, but
there are great
> news for our fellow BeOS users: 0.2.62 has been ported,
and now features
> drag'n'drop and CSS decryption !
>

>    Major changes:
>
>   * Glide, GGI and Linux framebuffer modules are back.
>   * The SDL module autodetects hardware acceleration.
>   * Some reported problems about DVD parsing have been
resolved.
>   * Enhanced AC3 decoder.
>   * BeOS port with drag'n'drop and CSS decryption.
>   * As always, bugs fixed here and there.
>

>    You can download 0.2.62 via HTTP or FTP:
>
>       http://www.videolan.org/download.html
>       ftp://ftp.videolan.org/pub/videolan/0.2.62/
>

>    Debian and RPM packages can be found on the FTP site
as well. Thanks
> again to Chris Tracy <ctracy at adiemus.org> for the RPMs.
>

> For the VideoLAN team,
> Sam.
> --
> Samuel Hocevar <sam at zoy.org> <http://sam.zoy.org/>
> for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig
$DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \